how to use md5 tools?

Anything libgdx related goes here!

how to use md5 tools?

Postby biaib » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:12 pm

Hello,

I recently discovered libgdx and i'm planning on using it for some 3D game. I had a look at all the md5 related classes. I tried using them but failed ultimately. I searched but found absolutely no tutorial, demonstration or sample of code using it.

Is it usable already or is it planned for a future release ? Where can I get resources to get started with md5 importing and rendering ?

thanks already,

Rodolphe
biaib

Re: how to use md5 tools?

Postby mzechner » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:40 pm

You can use them at this point, there's a simple test in the test collection over in the SVN trunk. Dave wrote a complete game using it so it is indeed ready. However...

The 3D features are currently being reworked and scheduled for the 1.0 release. If that takes to long for you i suggest giving JPTC-AE or Min3D a look.

hth you Bojan.
mzechner
Site Admin

Postby biaib » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:12 am

I found the example you mentionned, here it is: http://code.google.com/p/libgdx/source/ ... 5Test.java

thanks for the help, I'll look at those libraries also.
biaib

Postby mwk » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi, I just found libgdx -- very cool stuff. I'm doing 3D games on Android, pretty nice :)

I got the md5 sample running on my phone with the zfat.md5mesh & walk1.md5anim files -- but where do I find the shaders? E.g.:
shader "models/monsters/zombie/fatty/fatty"

Thanks!
mwk

Postby mzechner » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:11 pm

We don't support loading the shaders specified in the md5 files. We are currently working on a brand new 3D API for libgdx (extensions/model-loader, do not use it yet, it's a moving target as we are still changing the API). It will take a few more weeks till it's ready. Sorry, we are all a little stumped with real world work and do our best to get this out asap.
mzechner
Site Admin

Return to Libgdx