OpenFeint vs ScoreLoop, Pros Cons?

Anything about development not directly related to libgdx, e.g. OpenGL, Android APIs etc.

Re: OpenFeint vs ScoreLoop, Pros Cons?

Postby bach » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:38 am

Saurav wrote:The one thing that OF has going for it is a points system, kinda like Xbox Live points, that are tied to your account and accumulate across all games that you play. So if you're planning on doing achievements in your game, that's an incentive to play your game and collect those points because it adds to the player's overall score. Based on my experience, I would say that there are a few 'achievement whores' on Android :)

Aboslutely, not suggsting OpenFeint doesn't have it's place. I just think scoreoid is an excellent (truely) cross-platform system that's extremely neat :) All depends on your need / target.

Cheers,
Bach
bach

Re: OpenFeint vs ScoreLoop, Pros Cons?

Postby Saurav » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:37 am

I'll have to take a look at scoreoid. A lightweight leaderboard is always a useful thing to have :)

Regarding achievements - the highest score in Bus Jumper used to be in the few hundreds range. I have no idea why anyone would play that game that long, but anyway. I added an achievement for level 2000, and within days, people had crossed that. Even though the achievement is only unlockable in the paid version. That's all I have to go on. I haven't found any way to see stats on unlocked achievements.
Saurav

Previous

Return to General Development