[RELEASED] Annoying Little Gits - Lite

Present your own projects here, be they WIPs, betas or finished products. Get feedback from others and help each other out with some lovely testing.

[RELEASED] Annoying Little Gits - Lite

Postby steveyO » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:27 pm

At last, my first android release after months of pissing about.

Annoying Little Gits - LITE.
A block/platform sliding puzzle game. 40 free levels of git killing, featuring: git squashers, bombs, platforms, many little gits and irritating music.

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bullsquared.alggame

Many thanks to Mario for creating such a shit-hot library and to all the libgdx contributors, especially aksarfevad , BurningHand and Nate for the TMX Loader, VelocityTracker and Particle Editor which were all used extensively.. etc. blah blah..

Steve
steveyO

Re: [RELEASED] Annoying Little Gits - Lite

Postby Mats » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:56 pm

1. The screenshots gives me noe clue about what kind of game it is and how it should be played. They are very static, make them more dynamic by combining multiple screenshots together with some blending, to show transitions and how the game is played.
2. The click-sound when pressing menu items is annoying and very loud.
3. Trying to pinchzoom is crazy, it moves very fast and I'm unable to choose any zoom level other than max and min.
4. But moving the camera around is very slow.

That was the harsh critique. :) Other than that the game is nice.
   Image  Image  Image
Mats

Postby just4phil » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:14 am

Hi,
I just tried the second time and read the help but couldn't kill any git (sods ?)
I slided a platform over 2 gits but they didn't get killed.
Also I slided a box into its target but didn't see where I opened a door.

I recommend:
- you make it more clear what the player must do
- you use the backbutton to navigate through the app until the main menu screen. From there it should exit the app.

Bye
Phil
just4phil

Postby steveyO » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:33 pm

Thanks for the comments/reviews, appreciated.
@ Mats
1. Yes this is true, but same could be said about many other games. The description should hopefully give the user a clue its a block/platform sliding game. My artistic skills are a bit limited for fancy transitions, may give it a try though.
2. Will include a more mellow sound in next update.
3. It works ok on the 3 devices I tested on, but it could be less sensitive (i.e. move less when pinch zooming). will change for next update.
4. True. I'll increase camera move pixels in next version.

@Phil
Sliding a platform over the gits doesn't kill them, only supposed to trap them. This is a useful feature in some levels which allows you group them close together before bombing them.
Sliding boxes into its target only opens doors if the box stops in the target square (passing straight through it does nothing). Maybe I didn't make that clear, will update the help.
Yeah.. You are right about the back button. I was going to include that but forgot to implement.. Another thing for the next version :?

Thanks again.
Steve
steveyO

Postby steveyO » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:44 am

Finally got round to making a how-to-play video. It's an easy game, really!!! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFKqm2lioAk
steveyO

Return to Showcase