[WIP] Mini Quests

Present your own projects here, be they WIPs, betas or finished products. Get feedback from others and help each other out with some lovely testing.

Re: [WIP] Mini Quests

Postby dishmoth » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:56 pm

Gnurfos wrote:It seems to be a segfault before reaching your code.

It certainly looks that way. "Trying to load lib .../libgdx.so" and a few lines later it's dead.

I can't think of anything unusual I'm doing (except, as I said, setting the KEEP_SCREEN_ON flag). And it's a stable release of libGDX (0.9.2).

Could it be related to my having other libgdx apps with different versions on the device ?

I'd hope that Android wasn't susceptible to problems like that... but I've really no idea.

The last thing I can think to try: do either of these two versions work any better?
1. Not setting the KEEP_SCREEN_ON flag
2. Disabling all sound effects

Other than that, I'm pretty much out of ideas. Unless I run into someone with the same problem who doesn't mind me borrowing their phone, I don't know what else to try.

Thanks yet again for testing.
Simon
dishmoth

Postby Gnurfos » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:36 am

Here are new logs.

With the second version, it seemed to exit much later, but maybe my phone was just a bit slow at that time. I did 2 runs just in case.

I also noticed a potential problem (I should have mentionned it earlier): while installing the new .apks (for all versions actually), the process goes fine, but in the end, I get a green checkbox displayed, with text "Application not installed". I have no idea what this is supposed to mean, or even if I was ever running the debug version all this time ...
Attachments
second.again.txt
(46.89 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
second.txt
(46.51 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
first.txt
(32.9 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Gnurfos

Postby Gnurfos » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:37 am

And here are the logs from an install attempt (the last version), in case it reveals something.

Could it be a signed/unsigned problem ? (I think it's supposed to show in the logs, but it doesn't seem to be the case).
Attachments
install.txt
(46.1 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Gnurfos

Postby dishmoth » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:24 am

Looks to be the same problem still. If the logs are telling us anything more than that, I don't understand them well enough to know what it is.

I really can't think of anything else to try (except the usual nonsense: uninstall the app, reboot the phone, check what "Allow installation of non-Market applications" is set to, reinstall again; but that's just clutching at straws really).

Unless something else comes up, I'm just going to have to hope that this is a one-off - or at least that it only happens on one type of phone.

Thanks for your patience testing this.

Eternal gratitude, etc.
Simon
dishmoth

Postby Gnurfos » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:12 pm

I just tried uninstall/reinstall. With this, install succeeds, and all 3 debug versions work.
I'm attaching the logs just in case (sorry those are messy, I did not capture the run window properly).
Attachments
logcat.txt
(904.21 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Gnurfos

Postby dishmoth » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:20 pm

Excellent! No segmentation faults this time, and the game is producing the debug messages I'd expect.

I've no idea why it was causing problems before. Maybe it crashed when first installed, and left a zombie process that ate the brains of the other installation attempts...? Erm, or something.

Anyway, I can sleep easier now, my faith in libGDX restored. :D

Cheers,
Simon
dishmoth

Postby Sako » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:51 pm

The game is brilliant. Kinda reminds me of Solstice for the NES, but with less pixels. Love it.
Sako

Postby Lomelin » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:21 pm

Don't know if that's still usefull but i've tested your game, it's a good job but on my phone I've a huge black space (my resolution is 1280*720)
Lomelin

Postby dishmoth » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:49 pm

Lomelin wrote:Don't know if that's still usefull but i've tested your game, it's a good job but on my phone I've a huge black space (my resolution is 1280*720)

Thanks for giving it a try!

I'm not sure I understand the problem you're seeing. The game has a large black border with the low-res display in the centre, to allow room around the edge for touch controls. If that's what you're seeing, then it's deliberate, although not terribly stylish. ;)

I haven't had the chance to test the game myself on a device with resolution that high.

Thanks,
Simon
dishmoth

Previous

Return to Showcase