Skin Composer - Create skins for scene2d.ui

Any community contributions to libgdx go here! Some may get included in the core API when permission is granted.

Re: Skin Composer - Create skins for scene2d.ui

Postby raeleus » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:25 pm

I would like to add that the title positioning is automatically calculated by the top padding specified for the Window background. You can set alignment and such with window.getTitleLabel() and window.getTitleTable(). I still find this too restrictive so I often omit a title altogether and add my own labels to the window's contents.
Play Forward Gunner!
Create skins visually with Skin Composer.
raeleus

Postby MrStahlfelge » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:34 pm

Two suggestions or questions I have so far.
  • Drawable reload - if I change a drawable source file, I cannot reload it from the source in Skin Composer. I must delete the drawable and re-add it with loosing all usages of it. Not-so-nice workaround: Delete it, re-add it so that the texture pack is refreshed, close the skin file without saving so that the usage deletions are not saved, reload the skin.
  • Texture Pack has empty areas: This may be a Texture Packer issue and not Skin Composer's fault, but I wanted to state it here. If I use many drawables with different sizes, the Texture Pack has many unused areas but will nevertheless use many pages. How can I avoid that, perhaps by reordering the drawables?
MrStahlfelge

Postby raeleus » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:14 pm

1. When you make a change, go to to Project >> Settings >> Repack Texture Atlas. You will see the changes you've made within the editor. If you don't care to see the changes, choosing Export will always pull the latest version of the file.

2. See the documentation on Texture Packer. To make changes to the Texture Packer settings, go to Project >> Settings >> Open texture packer settings file. From Spine to Texture Packer GUI, we all use the same Texture Packer class. You won't find a better software to pack your images. Post your resources if you have a concern.
Play Forward Gunner!
raeleus

Postby MrStahlfelge » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:52 pm

Thank you! I did not understand that repack texture atlas is for refreshing it from the source files. Thanks for the help and again, thanks for the great utility!
MrStahlfelge

Postby raeleus » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:56 pm

No problem! I'm glad to be of assistance.
Play Forward Gunner!
raeleus

Previous

Return to Libgdx Contributions