Sound effect maker

Talk about graphics, 3D models, nice sprite sheets, music, sound effects and anything related to the presentation of your game (not code :)).

Sound effect maker

Postby VictorSound » Thu May 12, 2016 4:31 pm

Hi, guys!

My name is Victor and I am a professional Sound Designer. I've been working in the gaming industry for over 5 years. Last year, our team started a new sound effect creation service http://diforb.com/

On our website, you can find a large amount of free sound effects – gunshots, explosions, and sounds of different animals. Also, we offer lots of other ones that are perfectly suitable for games of any genres. Our service can be helpful for indie game developers as it allows to select and adjust desired sound effects effortlessly.

We'd like to create a very popular and useful service that could help game developers create sound effects of a high quality. Diforb is working in beta mode, for now, so we'd be grateful for any bits of advice and feedback.
VictorSound

Re: Sound effect maker

Postby cuellarjmcg » Fri May 13, 2016 4:49 pm

The site is amazing. I needed some farm sounds, so thank you!
Our games and website: https://www.unlimitedggames.com/.
cuellarjmcg

Postby VictorSound » Tue May 17, 2016 6:15 am

cuellarjmcg wrote:The site is amazing. I needed some farm sounds, so thank you!

Thanks, I'm glad our "Farm" library became useful for your game :)
VictorSound

Postby Magnesus » Tue May 17, 2016 7:32 am

Your use of CC BY licensed sounds makes should be more visible - some people might take the sounds without checking who is the creator and what is the license!
Maybe show the licenses of the selected sounds before the download of the resulting file?
Magnesus

Postby VictorSound » Mon May 23, 2016 9:43 am

Magnesus wrote:Your use of CC BY licensed sounds makes should be more visible - some people might take the sounds without checking who is the creator and what is the license!
Maybe show the licenses of the selected sounds before the download of the resulting file?

Magnesus, great idea, thanks!
VictorSound

Postby VictorSound » Thu May 26, 2016 4:53 pm

Good news!
Now you can use http://diforb.com without registration!

VictorSound

Postby jasminebreeth » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:28 am

I'm not a sound effect maker (a developer actually) but i have shared your website with my colleague (who is), and he liked it. thanks
jasminebreeth

Postby Charli3 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:34 pm

How is this not more well known? its awesome, I can't make sounds and it was impossible to find ones I liked. This is perfect!
Charli3

Postby raeleus » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:25 am

This is a great resource! Organizing effects into different categories or channels makes it a lot easier to find something useful. Most free resources depend on keyword searches and the resulting sounds are of various quality. All the sounds here are of a great quality. I'm really looking forward to the Weapon category opening up. Any chance on a fighting category?

A few minor issues of note:
Clicking the "Falling" thumbnail and clicking launch from the description takes the user to the puzzles page instead.
"Can I have any problems with copyrights in future?" from the FAQ is oddly worded. Perhaps "Will I have any problems with copyright in the future?" will be better.
I can't rewind the tutorial video via the slider on Chrome.

Thanks for the awesome resource.
Play Forward Gunner!
Create skins visually with Skin Composer.
raeleus

Postby jordan88 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:29 am

Good job! :D
bullet force multiplayer, 192.168.0.1 router login
jordan88

Return to Game Art