Free Scene 2D UI Skins

Talk about graphics, 3D models, nice sprite sheets, music, sound effects and anything related to the presentation of your game (not code :)).

Free Scene 2D UI Skins

Postby raeleus » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:17 am

I plan on making more Scene 2D UI skins for the community and I think it will be quite tedious to make a thread for each one. I'll be posting them here and reposting my old ones as they are updated.

I've put these together using Skin Composer. You should give that a try if you want to see what styles are available in my skins or if you want to create your own!

See what I have planned and the crazy notes I take about skin ideas when I'm half asleep here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HP2 ... =drive_web

For my first submission, we have Expee UI. Relive the silver age of computing when operating systems were real operating systems! This skin has been inspired by the Windows XP OS. I created the images myself and they are not ripped from the source. This could be used as a fake desktop in a computer simulation or the base for something more advanced.

Download page: https://ray3k.wordpress.com/artwork/exp ... cene2d-ui/
Last edited by raeleus on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Play Forward Gunner!
Create skins visually with Skin Composer.
raeleus

Re: Free Scene 2D UI Skins

Postby raeleus » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:05 pm

I just uploaded Star Soldier UI which was included with Skin Composer. I felt it needed a proper release.

Hey Ripley! Check it out. This skin for Scene 2D UI is here to protect you! Star Soldier UI is a futuristic metal skin for your LibGDX games and apps.

Download here.
Play Forward Gunner!
raeleus

Postby raeleus » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:06 pm

I wanted to make a simple skin with a glossy look this time around...

Glassy UI is a free skin designed for LibGDX's Scene2D UI. This clean, elegant interface makes for an excellent menu or dialog in your apps.

Download Here
Play Forward Gunner!
raeleus

Postby raeleus » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:34 pm

I play a bit of Minecraft, so I figured it would be pretty fun to make this one. I don't think it would be useful outside of making a Minecraft spoof.

Ever want to make your own crappy version of Minecraft? Me neither! Well here’s a skin for those crazy enough to give it a go anyway.

Download Here
Play Forward Gunner!
raeleus

Postby raeleus » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:37 pm

With all the comic book shenanigans at the San Diego Comic Con, I present the Comic UI Skin.

The super-heroes have jumped off of the comic book page and into your app! Immerse your players in a graphic adventure with the Comic UI skin. Use the narration boxes and speech bubbles to add a some pop to your cutscenes.

Download here
Play Forward Gunner!
raeleus

Postby cuellarjmcg » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:12 pm

That comic skin es awesome. Keep up the good work!
Our games and website: https://www.unlimitedggames.com/.
cuellarjmcg

Postby raeleus » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:40 pm

Thanks for the compliment! That means a lot to me.
Play Forward Gunner!
raeleus

Postby raeleus » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:07 pm

I always thought that the default look and feel for Swing was ugly. Now that I've went through the trouble of recreating it for LibGDX, it doesn't look so bad out of context.

Hey, I get it. You’re tired of creating Swing apps for your soulless corporate overlords. That’s why you switched to LibGDX. But now you miss that mundane Metal Look and Feel that you were too lazy to change in the first place. Look no further than Metal UI to bring back the boring to your life!

Download Here
Play Forward Gunner!
raeleus

Postby cuellarjmcg » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:12 am

Hilarious xD that java jokes.

Swing is boring indeed, but some icons can be saved I guess (like those file icons). You should do a neon skin, if you haven't already (should work nice for those retro games, inspired by Geometric Wars or PacMan).

Anyways, good work! I love Scene2d skins :D
Our games and website: https://www.unlimitedggames.com/.
cuellarjmcg

Postby raeleus » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:02 pm

Thank you once again!

A neon skin is an excellent idea. I'll add it to my list. The idea is to make a total of 100 skins and I don't nearly have enough themes to fulfill that yet.
Play Forward Gunner!
raeleus

Next

Return to Game Art