Android revenues

Anything about development not directly related to libgdx, e.g. OpenGL, Android APIs etc.

Re: Android revenues

Postby tamizzh » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:16 am

HI ,

In my previous post I had recommended Inmobi instead of ADMob , I just wanted to say now that its better to stay away from InMobi. InMobi owed me $1700 but paid me only $500 .When I wrote an email regarding the issue they mentioned that they'l payout in 2 cycles due to some internal issue and I'll get rest of my amount in the next cycle.
But today I figured out that my account has been blocked and they withheld my $1200 for no reason :( :( .
I did read about them blocking the accounts of publishers often and holding their revenue, but I belived it must really have been a genuine fraud clicks case, but now I know why people asked me to stay off InMobi.
tamizzh

Postby Magnesus » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:50 am

I had a massive drop of eCPM in adMob yesterday. It's a second time such drop occurred. I thought it was related to Prima Aprilis (less ads on such day maybe) but today it's even worse. Normally I have eCPM more than $2, now I have $0.8. Does anyone know what is happening? Do you have a similar drop or it's only me? Last time there was probably a problem with transfers through credit cards for publishers. I hope this time it's also temporary...

PS. OK, it looks like most ads were from AdSense, so there is too little AdMob ads and that is the reason for the drop. I think it should be back to normal tomorrow.
Magnesus

Postby reiti.net » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:56 am

as far as I can tell there was a unusal high eCPM over the last week (over 1$) - it is now back at the more usual 0.8 (for me, 0,8 was the usual number).

I believe there were quite interesting ads out over the last week, CTR has also dropped a little bit. I am always surprised to read about 2$ eCPM .. what CTR do you have?
reiti.net

Postby Magnesus » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:47 am

I had $2 eCPM only during last week, before I had a little over $1. Right now it's lower than that (looks like there isn't a lot of admob ads, mostly adsense). CTR between 2-3% (right now 2.5%). I think I got so used to the high eCPM last week that I was a little shocked when it dropped so suddenly. :)
Magnesus

Postby kalle_h » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:15 pm

My last week ecpm was over 3$. Last 90days its avaraged to 1.67$
My click rate is about 4.4%

Is these unusual high and if yes have I done something right?
kalle_h

Postby reiti.net » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:57 am

No, I wouldn't say, that it is "unusal high" .. a CTR of 20% would be unusal high (and also a hint to a fraud *g*), but a CTR of under 5 is ok (my opinion).

Robo Miner is ranging at ~3% .. less, when there are no good ads (like adsense) - higher, when ads get better, resulting in a higher eCPM.

Be aware, that the eCPM is a calculated value ONLY. CTR is a real value and the earnings are a real value. You can raise your eCPM by lowering the ad refreshment time. It would be interessting if you will get more of the admob ads instead of adsense ads this way ..
reiti.net

Postby wmdAndrew » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:41 pm

Turned my showcase thread into a journal with monthly updates on revenues through ads and in app purchases if anyone is interested:
http://www.badlogicgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2142
Did you find my post helpful? If you want to help me in return please download and provide feedback for Scrap Metal Mech Feedback can be posted on our Scrap Metal Mech Show Case thread
wmdAndrew

Postby liunian2010 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:41 am

thanks for your post !but it is really helpful for me !First, we only have one game on the market "All Mighty RTS." Ad vs no Ad. No ad is .99 USD. We bring in about 30-60 bucks a month (since the 'just in' went away we dropped from 60 to 30 as we don't have a marketing strategy ). We have about 3k users.
if you want to paly guild wars 2 games,please come to our website to see
liunian2010

Previous

Return to General Development