[Version 1.2] Tap Duty

Present your own projects here, be they WIPs, betas or finished products. Get feedback from others and help each other out with some lovely testing.

[Version 1.2] Tap Duty

Postby Tap Duty » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:24 pm

Late Friday night, I got an idea about game. I was craving to make a game about a topic that is close to my heart. That happens to be women asses :lol: . I drew some nice booties and other graphics with Inkscape and GIMP, put some code to work in Eclipse and made quickly music and sound effects with Audacity and Fruity Loops. The idea of the game is to tap the ass of the women, when they are shaking. If you touch an ass, which did not shake, you loose. Simple as that. The game was originally finished in 26 hours, so please don't be so hard on me :oops: Hope you enjoy.

http://youtu.be/9Nt4gEwTzOU

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapduty

NEW UPDATE (1.1): I was not very happy with the music and sounds effects that I made within very short timeline. I decided to change all of them. The new version is available on Google Play.

UPDATE FOR THE UPDATE (1.1): Dear folks, I forgot to activate the update 1.1 in Google Play, so it is really available beginning from this moment (5.4.2012). Sorry for the mistake.

UPDATE 1.2: Added difficulty modes.
Easy difficulty is the original difficulty used in versions 1.0 and 1.1.
Last edited by Tap Duty on Sat May 19, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tap Duty

Re: [UPDATED] Tap Duty (please give comments, good or bad)

Postby enfyrneaux » Sat May 05, 2012 1:38 am

It's simple and appeals to baser instinct. I think with more polish and variety the idea can take off. For starters, try "tweening" the animations - this can be done without adding additional graphics.

Speaking of which, consider a wider variety of graphics. Set up grayscale sprites that can be easily tinted, and sprites amenable to layering. For instance, any posterior may randomly be clad in leopard print panties, and would be more likely to "bounce" or do some other behavior.

Creating different appearances that correspond with different behaviors can add hidden depth to the gameplay beyond the "lol, I'm tapping butts" factor.
enfyrneaux

Re: [UPDATED] Tap Duty (please give comments, good or bad)

Postby Tap Duty » Sat May 05, 2012 3:50 pm

Thank you for your comments. Those could be very nice improvements to do, indeed. Specially I like the idea to make different colors by tinting.

I am planning to let the current version of the game to live for a week or so and see what is the reception. Then I will evaluate, how to continue my work. I have some other project running on in the same time, which I consider a bit more serious (no booties there :lol: ), so I should decide which one to focus on.
Tap Duty

Re: [UPDATED again] Tap Duty (please give comments, good or

Postby tonyp7 » Mon May 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Playing this game was a serious wtf moment! I mean why not but you need to find a better gameplay. And introduce variety.
tonyp7

Re: [Version 1.2] Tap Duty

Postby Tap Duty » Sat May 19, 2012 8:48 pm

Posted a new version (1.2) to Android Market.

Added new difficulty modes.
Tap Duty

Return to Showcase