Error with new versions?

Anything libgdx related goes here!

Error with new versions?

Postby endless_dark » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:18 pm

Hello everyone, first of all I should introduce myself.
I am a computer engineering college student and also a mobile game developer. This year we want to start working with Android, after some research I have found libgdx and start playing with it.

I've tested the HelloWorld application and also the SpaceInvaders one. I have successfully compiled everything and run both on desktop. But when it comes to the Android version, the emulator starts, loads the application and crashes when after showing a black screen and comes back to the emulator main screen.
Is some kind of conflict with any new sdk, java or eclipse version?

Those are my weapons:
Eclipse SDK 3.6.0
Android SDK 2.2, API 8, revision 2

Thank you in advance
endless_dark

Re: Error with new versions?

Postby mzechner » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:13 pm

Hi,

there's a bug in a JNI function i introduced in the latest version which crashes all the libgdx apps on the emulator, and only there. You can find out about the reason for this in my blog post or alternatively on the NDK group. Long story, short: it's not a bug per se but an unspecified behaviour of the VM.

I already fixed it and closed the corresponding bug in the bug tracker. I'll release a new version as soon as possible (probably this weekend).

Sorry for the inconvenience, i barely test on the emulator but only on devices as the former is in general shitty to develop games on/for.

Ciao,
Mario

edit: for the time being you can use the previous version which is also available on the download page.
mzechner
Site Admin

Re: Error with new versions?

Postby endless_dark » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:54 pm

Ok, thanks for the reply.
I will continue working with libgdx then, I have a loooong way until I get my complete app.

See ya!
endless_dark

Return to Libgdx