Jumping Slime

Present your own projects here, be they WIPs, betas or finished products. Get feedback from others and help each other out with some lovely testing.

Jumping Slime

Postby t4ils » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:38 pm

Hi guys,

It's me, again ... with a new game on the market =)
It's called Jumping Slime and it's a game where you have to climb as high as possible.

You only need to tap the screen to make the slime jump. Instead of platforms like all other games, you jump from fruits to fruits. Easy as pie ... but these fruits are rotating !
You can grab little stars to gain extra lives, or big colored bonus stars to have various powers while climbing.
There is an online leaderboard (no need to register an account) and also a two players mode (on the same device). The goal of this mode is to force the other player to use all of his lives by climbing faster than him.

Here are some screenshots of the game :
Image Image Image

Here is a link to a youtube gameplay of the game :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM3DnAVj4XI

And the link to the market :
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jumpingslime

The game is free, but maybe I'll add a paid version with no ads for people who just want to support my work :)

As usual, created with the only LibGdx ;)

Hope you'll enjoy the game :)
t4ils

Re: Jumping Slime

Postby bach » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:25 am

Just had a look. Very well done! It's quite addictive.. Only thing I'd like to see is some better sfx & a sound track. I reckon that could add a lot to the overall atmosphere.

Love how you can see the previous highscore as you go higher, neat!!

Keep it up mate, you're creating some excellent games.

Cheers,
Bach
bach

Postby mzechner » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:05 am

Awesome game! I really like the new take on the "jump 'em up" genre you created there. Very polished and fun to play imo. I second the audio related suggestions by Bach. Keep it up!
mzechner
Site Admin

Postby Obli » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:16 pm

Totally awesome, love it :D
Obli

Postby durmieu » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:46 pm

Nice game. Keep up the good work!
durmieu

Postby sveijk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:25 pm

Harder than it looks! :D I get to eager all the time and miss an obvious jump. Great work!
sveijk

Postby t4ils » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:17 am

Thank you guys for your support ;)

Just a quick message to tell you that version 1.0.5 is out.
Previous updates brought daily, weekly and monthly leaderboards to the game.

In this version, you can now use a nickname to show in highscores list. No more anonymous records !

Same game, same place : https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jumpingslime
(market is still showing 1.0.3 while typing this message)

Enjoy :)
t4ils

Postby bach » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:56 am

After playing some more, here's my additional feedback:

- Stars: Even though I got explained what each star does when I first picked them up, I always struggle to to know what exactly they do. Maybe I'm just dumb but I think some visual feedback (text popup?) on what the star you just picked up does would be great! ;)
- Little blue stars: What are they for? I have never filled the blue bar on the left, so not sure what the benefit of picking them up is.

How about putting the online highscore on the other side of the screen? Would be fun to know how high I have to get to beat the online score..

I reckon if you do some more polish with the gfx/sfx you got a cracker here.

Cheers,
Bach
bach

Postby t4ils » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:00 am

Thanks for your feedback.

- Good idea for the stars. I'll pop up a little text over your head so that you know what it does ("double jump", "hook", "repulse", "attract", "skyrocket" ...)
- Little stars fill the star' meter on the left. When filled, it gives you 1 extra life (you can fall and the game will save you)

- I already thought about online scores on the left, but I didn't want to force the game to download scores when playing. I guess I can put some option menu to allow people to choose which scores to show (daily, weekly, monthly, all, none)
Since I don't want to block the player while loading scores, I'll just query current scores to the server and when it answers back, I can show them on screen :)

Concerning gfx and sfx, I'm doing everything I can, since I'm not good at any of these :p
t4ils

Postby bach » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:30 am

Got the update -> love it! :)

The online highscores on the left seem to be messed up though. They are way too low.. I.e. my highest score is like 87 on the global list but if jump up the numbers would indicate that I'm a lot better :)

Cheers,
Bach
bach

Next

Return to Showcase