edit: well, i’m a bit of a terrible programmer person and botched the update of LWJGL on Mac OS X. Just released libGDX 1.5.2 for that reason. The below still applies 🙂
time for a new release. Here’s what changed:
- Fixed issue #2433 with color markup and alpha animation.
- Fixed natives loading for LWJGL on Mac OS X
- Gradle updated to 2.2
- Android Gradle tooling updated to 1.0.0
- API Change: Switched from Timer to AnimationScheduler for driving main loop on GWT. Removed fps field from GwtApplicationConfiguration to instead let the browser choose the most optimal rate.
- API Change: Added pause and resume handling on GWT backend. When the browser supports the page visibility api, pause and resume will be called when the tab or window loses and gains visibility.
- API Change: Added concept of target actor, separate from the actor the action is added to. This allows an action to be added to one actor but affect another. This is useful to create a sequence of actions that affect many different actors. Previously this would require adding actions to each actor and using delays to get them to play in the correct order.
- Added 64-bit support for iOS sim and device
- Deprecated Node#children and Node#parent, added inheritTransform flag and methods to add/get/remove children
- API Change: By default keyframes are no longer copied from Model to ModelInstance but shared instead, can be changed using the `ModelInstance.defaultShareKeyframes` flag or `shareKeyframes` constructor argument.
- JSON minimal format now makes commas optional: newline can be used in place of any comma.
- JSON minimal format is now more lenient with unquoted strings: spaces and more are allowed.
- API Change: Added support for KTX/ZKTX file format, https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/pull/2431
- Update stb_image from v1.33 to v1.48, see https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/pull/2668
- Bullet Wrapper: added Gimpact, see https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/issues/2619
- API Addition: Added MeshPartBuilder#addMesh(...), can be used to more easily combine meshes/models
- Update to LWJGL 2.9.2, fixes fullscreen mode on "retina" displays
- Fixes to RoboVM backend which would crash if accelerometer is used.
Starting with this release we’ll also relax our versioning a little bit. We will not increase the minor version in case of minimal API changes as above.
Let us know if you run into any issues. See this wiki article on how to update your libGDX project to the latest version. The current libGDX version is “1.5.2”, the current nightly version is “1.5.3-SNAPSHOT”, OR you can just check our versions page which details all the versions of dependencies as well.