New month, new release! This release brings improvements to our gdx-freetype extensions, new features in our tile map API, and upgrades to the latest RoboVM stable release.
- Added support for image layers in Tiled maps (TiledMapImageLayer)
- Added support for loading texture objects from TMX Maps (TextureMapObject)
- Added support for border and shadow with FreeTypeFontGenerator - see https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/pull/2774
- Now unknown markup colors are silently ignored and considered as normal text.
- Updated freetype from version 2.4.10 to 2.5.5
- Added 3rd party extensions to setup application, see
- Updated to RoboVM 1.0.0-beta-04
- Updated to GWT 2.6.1, sadly GWT 2.7.0 isn't production ready yet.
Note: Make sure to update your RoboVM Eclipse plugin to 1.0-beta-04! You can also sign up for a beta license key to experience the new debugger!
Let us know if you run into any issues. See this wiki article on how to update your libGDX project to the latest version. The current libGDX version is “1.5.4”, the current nightly version is “1.5.5-SNAPSHOT”, OR you can just check our versions page which details all the versions of dependencies as well.