I just finished off gdx-audio, our newest extension. Features:
- Decoders for mp3, ogg Vorbis and wav, using Mpg123, Xiph Tremor
- KissFFT and Java FFT by Damien Di Fede for comparison
- SoundTouch for pitch shifting, time stretching and playback rate modification
To use the extension add the gdx-audio.jar and gdx-audio-natives.jar to your desktop project. For your android project add the gdx-audio.jar and copy the libgdx-audio.so files to your libs/armeabi and libs/armeabi-v7a folders.
For usage examples see:
- Mpg123Test, shows how to decode an mp3 with the Mpg123Decoder class
- VorbisTest, shows how to decode an ogg with the VorbisDecoder class
- WavTest, shows how to decode an wav with the WavDecoder class
- SoundTouchTest, shows how to apply pitch shifting to a PCM stream
Caveat: the vorbis and mp3 decoder can only decode files stored on the external storage. I might be able to work around that limitation in the future. For most practical purposes it shouldn’t be to limiting.