Android Development Tools R17 break your Libgdx Project?

Some kind folks on the forums informed me that the latest Android ADT plugin breaks libgdx projects. The reason for this is that an Android Eclipse project no longer adds the sources of referenced Java projects to the APK it compiles. Why they had to do this is beyond me, the fix is simple however.

  • Click on your Android Project
  • Select Properties
  • Select Java Build Path
  • Select Order and Export
  • Check all your references, e.g. the gdx.jar, the gdx-backend-android.jar, your main code project etc.

That’s it. Here’s a before and after image for a project that uses the jars.


You don’t necessarily have to check the .jar files in this case if they are in your Android project’s libs/ folder.

If you run from SVN, just check the referenced gdx and gdx-backend-android project in the same settings dialog.

Now i have to redo all the tutorials…

  • Doctor Funfrock

    FUCK YEAH. FUCK! YEAH!! Finally I had the idea to check your site. ^^

  • http://tocome.. Daniel

    THanks for the link this has soolved my issue.. many many thanks

  • http://www.jourmoly.com.ar Federico

    Thank you sooooooooo much

  • Dhaval

    It’s work for me.

    Thanks.

  • Hosein

    i don’t know why, but my android projects still have this problem…. :(
    i use projects that work well before update.

  • Hosein

    it seems my problem was somewhere else… :D
    it’s work well. thanks a lot.

  • angst

    I still have problem with this…my Eclipse doesnt seem to recognize any package imported from another project, although I’ve already ticked the project folder in Order and Export tab..and it compiles fine too! But when I run this as android app, it always crashed…
    Any idea why? Somebody please? :'(

  • Wenzil

    Try cleaning all your projects, that fixed it for me.

  • daniel

    THANKS!!!!!!! you saved my fucking life!!!

  • idanakav

    Wow thanks, i couldnt figure out what was the problem

  • Eric

    I still have same problem, Keep saying NoClassDefFoundError. I ticked off the project the way you described up there, but exactly same problem. I tried cleaning all my projects but same.Please help

  • http://makelive.net makelivedotnet

    Amazing – what seems impossible to the world at large is usually just a mario comment to fix.

  • David Dimalanta

    No offense but I don’t see your sample images for your tutorials. It appears to be corrupted.

  • Bojan Petkovski

    I fixed my problems after I installed the Google Web Toolkit plugin. You can find the download here https://developers.google.com/web-toolkit/download

  • Lema

    The link to those images seem to be broken.

  • em’n

    can some1 plz upload the images

  • em’n

    link still broken

  • Justin Hamilton

    The images are still broken :(

  • wieczorek1990

    Thanks!

  • Joe

    I love you!
    I could fix mine with your log

  • Rafa Espillaque

    reupload images plx
    thanks

  • josephknight

    please fix the images.

  • krishna

    wow i am fed up with this error form 2 days just fixed by cleaning thx bro