As promised, we’ll try to do bi-weekly releases. If we miss one for some reason (vaccation, life), don’t be angry with us. You can always work off of the snapshot releases, which you can select in the setup ui or manually change to in the build.gradle file.
You’ll also notice that we increased the minor version (2nd number) instead of the patch version (3rd number). The reason is that we introduced a small API change in the Matrix4 class. While this is unlikely to hit more than 0.001% of our users, it’s still an API change. As per our policy (which is not exactly semantic versioning) we thus increment the minor version, so you know an API has changed.
Without further ado, here’s what’s new:
- Updated to RoboVM 0.0.13 and RoboVM Gradle plugin 0.0.9
- – Big improvements to setup-ui and build times in Intellij IDEA https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/pull/1865
- Setup now uses android build tools version: 19.1.0
- BitmapFontCache now supports in-string colored text through a simple markup language, see https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/wiki/Color-Markup-Language
- Added i18n localization/internationalization support, thanks davebaol, see https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/wiki/Internationalization-and-Localization
- Possibility to override density on desktop to simulate mobile devices, see https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/pull/1825
- Progressive JPEG support through JPGD (https://code.google.com/p/jpeg-compressor/).
- Mavenized JGLFW backend
- Box2D: Added MotorJoint and ghost vertices on EdgeShape
- Updated GWT Box2D to latest version
- Updated native Box2D to latest version 2.3.1, no API changes
- API CHANGE: Matrix4.set(x,y,z, translation) changed, z axis is no more flipped
- API addition: Matrix4.avg(Matrix4,float) that lets weighted averaging multiple matrices, Quaternion.slerp(Quaternion,float) that lets weighted slerping multiple Quaternions
- fixed the long standing issue of the alpha=1 not actually being fully opaque, thanks kalle! https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/issues/1815
- down to 25 issues on the tracker, 8 bugs, 17 enhancement requests
Note: it is very important that you update to the latest RoboVM Eclipse plugin if you use Eclipse!
If you want to update an existing project, read this wiki article. Use “1.1.0” for the latest release and “1.1.1-SNAPSHOT” for the latest nightlies.
If you create a new project, the setup app will already allow you to specify the latest release and snapshot.