It’s the time of the month again, here’s our latest release. What’s new, what’s changed?
- OpenGL profiling utilities have been added, see https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/wiki/Profiling
- A FreeTypeFontGeneratorLoader has been added to the gdx-freetype extension, allowing you to load TTF fonts via AssetManager
- Added Vector#setZero
- Added gdx-ai, extension for AI algorithms. Currently supports FSMs, see https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/wiki/Artificial-Intelligence
- added equals/hashCode methods to Rectangle, may break old code (very, very unlikely)
- scene2D Actors now have a setCenterPosition method, see https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/pull/2000
- Breaking Change:Animation#frameDuration and #animationDuration are now hidden behind a getter/setter and dynamic
- Breaking Change:TableLayout has been forked and integrated into libgdx more tightly, see http://www.badlogicgames.com/wordpress/?p=3458
There’ve also been a couple of bug fixes as usual. To update to the latest libGDX version, follow this wiki article. The latest snapshot version is now “1.2.1-SNAPSHOT”.