It’s the time of the month again, here’s our latest release. What’s new, what’s changed?
- API Addition: Added Input.isKeyJustPressed
- API Addition: multiple recipients are now supported by MessageDispatcher, see https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/wiki/Message-Handling#multiple-recipients
- API Change: State#onMessage now takes the message receiver as argument.
- API Addition: added StackStateMachine to the gdx-ai extension.
- API change: ShapeRenderer: rect methods accept scale, more methods can work under both line and fill types, auto shape type changing.
- API change: Built-in ShapeRenderer debugging for Stage, see https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/pull/2011
- Files#getLocalStoragePath now returns the actual path instead of the empty string synonym on desktop (LWJGL and JGLFW).
- Fixed and improved xorshift128+ PRNG implementation.
- Added support for Tiled’s animated tiles, and varying frame duration tile animations.
- Fixed an issue with time granularity in MessageDispatcher.
- Updated to Android API level 19 and build tools 19.1.0 which will require the latest Eclipse ADT 23.02, see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24437564/update-eclipse-with-android-development-tools-23 for how things are broken this time…
- Updated to RoboVM 0.0.14 and RoboVM Gradle plugin version 0.0.10
- API Addition: added FreeTypeFontLoader so you can transparently load BitmapFonts generated through gdx-freetype via AssetManager, see FreeTypeFontLoaderTest.java
- Preferences put methods now return “this” for chaining
- Fixed issue 2048 where MessageDispatcher was dispatching delayed messages immediately.
- API Addition: 3d particle system and accompanying editor, contributed by lordjone, see pull request 2005
- API Addition: extended shape classes like Circle, Ellipse etc. with hashcode/equals and other helper methods, see pull request #2018
- minor API change: fixed a bug in handling of atlasPrefixes, see pull request 2023
- Bullet: btManifoldPoint member getters/setters changed from btVector3 to Vector3, also it is no longer pooled, instead static instances are used for callback methods
- Added Intersector#intersectRayRay to detect if two 2D rays intersect, see pull request 2132
- Bullet: ClosestRayResultCallback, AllHitsRayResultCallback, LocalConvexResult, ClosestConvexResultCallback and subclasses now use getter/setters taking a Vector3 instead of btVector3, see pull request #2175
- 2d particle system supports pre-multiplied alpha.
- Bullet: btIDebugDrawer/DebugDrawer now use pooled Vector3 instances instead of btVector3, see pull request #2174
I’d also like to divert your attention to Ashley an entity/component system originally developed by the good folks at Robotality, now under the umbrella of libGDX and David alias siondream. It’s sweet, fast and compatible with our HTML5 backend!
See this wiki article on how to update to the latest libGDX version (1.3.0). The latest snapshot version is now “1.3.1-SNAPSHOT”.