A-B documentation for IOS development

Anything libgdx related goes here!

A-B documentation for IOS development

Postby PillowMan » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:55 am

When I released my application for Android, I had no problems on my way. Not even needed the documentation, everything was intuitive and understandable. Now I want to release an application for IOS, but every time I encounter some problems. I read a variety of information, but it is all thrown in parts on the Internet. Here are my steps that I have already completed.
1) First, I learned how to pay for the opportunity to be a developer for IOS. And even at this simple step there were problems. At one point I read somewhere that if my name and surname do not coincide with the real one, problems may arise.
2) I learned that there are certificates that are needed to sign my application. The documentation says that you need to generate signatures through the XCode. But what is the difference between the Development and Distribution I did not understand
3) I learned that you need a roboVM. When installed it, I tried to run it, but RoboVM showed me that I do not have ProvisioningProfile.
4) I started reading about this profile, which I also generated and downloaded from the profile of iOS account.
5) It seems that there is no problem, press the run button and that's it. I pressed the Run button, and I was highlighted:

6) While I solved the problem in step 5, I found another problem. If you click on the "Open in Xcode" button in the menu, then you can see another error:

Code: Select all
OpenGLES / OpenGLES.h file not found

I'm afraid to imagine how many more problems I will meet before releasing the application. Why is everything so difficult to do? Why there is no simple A-B documentation in which all steps for release of the application will be described. All I want is to test my application on the phone, install it in the AppStore. What do I need to read to do this?
PillowMan

Re: A-B documentation for IOS development

Postby evilentity » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:19 pm

Because apple are a bunch of dicks and there are a ton of hoops to jump through to get anything on the app store. Most of these steps are not related to libgdx or robovm, all apps need to do them one way or another.
This is a good resource https://www.squins.com/knowledge/robovm ... ng-issues/
You dont really need to open xcode with robovm
Looking for a freelancer? PM me!
evilentity

Re: A-B documentation for IOS development

Postby PillowMan » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:31 pm

evilentity wrote:Because apple are a bunch of dicks and there are a ton of hoops to jump through to get anything on the app store. Most of these steps are not related to libgdx or robovm, all apps need to do them one way or another.
This is a good resource https://www.squins.com/knowledge/robovm ... ng-issues/
You dont really need to open xcode with robovm

Thank you for reply. Finally, I was able to start the game on an iPhone using the console and executing the command in it:
Code: Select all
./gradlew -Probovm.arch=arm64 ios:launchIOSDevice
PillowMan

Return to Libgdx