need help?

Anything libgdx related goes here!

Re: need help?

Postby raeleus » Fri May 25, 2018 1:19 pm

Don't we all need help? Some more than others it seems.
Join us on Discord for faster and friendlier service.
Create skins visually with Skin Composer.
JOIN THE libGDX Jam of October 2019!
raeleus

Postby shatterblast » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:26 pm

These ad bots are crazy. Sorry if your account is real. 1 post accounts that say non-sense are common.
shatterblast

Postby tenfour04 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:01 pm

I came on here to help people almost daily for several years but I’ve stopped because the majority of questions are from bots and I don’t want to waste my time. I think it’s time to replace the board software. If what we’re using now is no longer maintained, this board should be archived and a new one started using modern software.
tenfour04

Postby evilentity » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:15 pm

Same
Looking for a freelancer? PM me!
Check out libgdx discord server!
evilentity

Postby shatterblast » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:36 pm

Yeah, I agree as well. Archiving sounds like a good choice. I'm not sure what to recommend for forum software. I know we may have different opinions.

It may be a good idea to select something open source that allows plug-ins. In that way, it might become easier to deal with future bots.

Another option might include choosing a social media platform that operates similar to a forum. Those might filter bots more easily for us in some measure. It would also answer an issue of lack of updates if that were to happen for whatever reason.

While Discord is good for what it does, I think we should keep to something similar to a forum style.

If we agree on something, we could probably start firing off ideas.
shatterblast

Postby shatterblast » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:12 am

I was able to address the ad bot issue a couple of months ago, but I don't know what to do about the rest. I purged what I could. I really have nothing else to offer in that regard.

I both reported ad bot links on these forums from a few years ago that generated some of the Thai language gibberish and cleansed a few sources external to this site. Some of the efforts seem to have worked out at least. I have no idea where to hunt down others.

I know one source as the virally infected Ultimate Callblocker Pro for Android, not to be confused with the actual legitimately good version on Google Play. I think Eset found that particular source as a Trojan with proxyware.

Anyway, for those that read this, please, be careful about downloading just anything not yours off the Internet and putting it on your Mobile device. While GitHub is typically reliable, it's still good to play it safe.

Also, if you like to play with Torrent files or just file-sharing sites in general, you're literally asking for a Trojan on whatever without even knowing it. Absolutely nothing is immune. It's better to just play with the free tools available and keep to publicly trusted sites. I don't mean to scare anyone, but a Trojan can effortlessly wipe your entire data and your valuable backups in less than 3 seconds. Can you react that fast?

(Hint: It begins with an fdisk and resumes if you power your device back on. The infected version of the app I mention above is nasty and very cross-platform. It creates its own little partition to hide in before you possibly wipe away your storage. Again, I mention this for your awareness.)

Thank you.
shatterblast

Postby shatterblast » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:54 am

bbPress with CleanTalk looks like an acceptable solution to the ad bots. With wpForo, a migration of old postings could be preserved. While bbPress already has Akismet support, CleanTalk would strengthen it I think. I could get that up and running reasonably quick, but it would not be on LibGDX.com. Basically, it would mean a server migration in the coming future.

While I can do this myself, I would like thoughts, please? I would care to give more attention over to StackOverflow.com as well at the same time. It might also mean compiling some of the past issues and creating wiki stuff on it. I don't mind doing that myself either.

Honestly, it's about time this web site received an over-haul.

1) https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress/
2) https://wordpress.org/plugins/cleantalk-spam-protect/
3) https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpforo/
shatterblast

Return to Libgdx