Help for a Published Android App - Mathris

Anything about development not directly related to libgdx, e.g. OpenGL, Android APIs etc.

Help for a Published Android App - Mathris

Postby lbvgm1 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:18 pm

Hello everyone,

I have developed and published a libGDX-based Android game, but I've figured out that I miss a very important part - animations. I would be really grateful if someone could download and try my app and advise me on how to improve my app with animations. This is the Play Store link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.beecoded.calcurain2&hl=en - thank you in advance for suggestions.
lbvgm1

Re: Help for a Published Android App - Mathris

Postby raeleus » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:44 pm

I would recommend adding some particle effects and using Scene2D actions to respond to players tapping the blocks. Scaling/rotating/fading out blocks with a little confetti/fireworks popping out is my idea. Also adding some background indication of what mode we are in (plus or minus) would be beneficial to gameplay. I hate having to look in the little corner to see what it is. It works in Tetris but not so much in a game where you are constantly scanning the field.

Menu animation would be nice. Simple sliding screens would be a great way to make your product look more professional. If the buttons scaled or faded slightly when touched it would be more in line with other popular apps.

If you have a budget, you can use Spine for more advanced animations. Spine is largely used for character animation, however you can use it for any number of things as seen here. I made this test here for menu animation. You can solicit paid help in the Networking forum.
Play Forward Gunner!
Create skins visually with Skin Composer.
raeleus

Postby lbvgm1 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:24 am

Thank you for great ideas and suggestions raeleus! I will post back once I manage to implement them. If I can somehow return the favor, please let me know.
lbvgm1

Postby lbvgm1 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:45 pm

New version of Mathris is now published, along with complete redesign and animations. Thank you again for advice!
lbvgm1

Return to General Development