ShapeDrawer - library for drawing shapes using a Batch

Anything about development not directly related to libgdx, e.g. OpenGL, Android APIs etc.

ShapeDrawer - library for drawing shapes using a Batch

Postby MazukFarnas » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:08 am

ShapeDrawer draws simple shapes like ShapeRenderer does (plus a few more things), but uses a Batch to perform the drawing. This means it can be used in between Batch#begin() and Batch#end() without needing to flush the Batch - for example you can safely use it in the draw() method of scene2d actors.

Comes with overloaded methods to draw lines, paths, ellipses, regular polygons and rectangles.
To create a ShapeDrawer instance you just need a Batch and a TextureRegion. Typically this is a single white pixel so that you can easily colour it, and is best packed into an atlas with your other textures.
MazukFarnas

Re: ShapeDrawer - library for drawing shapes using a Batch

Postby Magnesus » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:22 pm

Here is the real thread: https://www.badlogicgames.com/forum/vie ... hapeDrawer

You are just probably a spammer copying old threads to get around the limit of posts needed to post links on this forum. :shock:

The spam here is awful. :cry:

(If I am mistaken and you are a real person who just forgotten to post links then I am sorry, but this type of post seem to be majority of what gets posted here in the recent months or even years, one time posters copying a slightly modified old topic as new to get posts. Not sure if there is a way to fix that other than more moderators, but they would have to be VERY vigilant.)
Magnesus

Re: ShapeDrawer - library for drawing shapes using a Batch

Postby evilentity » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:29 pm

Excellent question! Is there a way to prevent it? Better captcha could maybe help... but thats above my paygrade. I sure as hell cant be arsed to check every post if its a duplicate :/
Looking for a freelancer? PM me!
Check out libgdx discord server!
evilentity

Return to General Development