RULES. READ THEM. OR ELSE!

Present your own projects here, be they WIPs, betas or finished products. Get feedback from others and help each other out with some lovely testing.

RULES. READ THEM. OR ELSE!

Postby mzechner » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:17 pm

Hi there,

so you've opted to present your (alpha|beta|gamma) game/app to a public forum. Great! Here's a couple of rules you should stick to. Or else!

• Describe your game/app in plain text.
  • Add a link to it's market page or a direct link to the apk if available.
  • Add a QR code for great comfort.
  • If you used libgdx there's no excuse not to have a video of your game/app.
  • If your game/app is a WIP make sure to update your first post if you update your game/app. Most logical, right?

Follow these rules and good things will come to you. Send this letter to 10 other people to become even happier!
mzechner
Site Admin

Re: RULES. READ THEM. OR ELSE!

Postby Saurav » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Wait, so are these guidelines to posting a game here, or guidelines for posting any libgdx-based game to other forums?

Just making sure :)
Saurav

Postby mzechner » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:33 pm

You can post about any app/game in here. Let's spam the place!
mzechner
Site Admin

Postby Saurav » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:42 am

OK, thanks. I just wanted to be sure that you weren't saying "If you post about a libgdx game somewhere else, it must met these minimum guidelines", as a sort of licensing requirement or something.
Saurav

Postby wmdAndrew » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:08 pm

So we have some users clamoring for a forum thread they can post feedback on our game. Would it be appropriate to send them here? I really don't want to launch an entire forum site on our server for one thread... Or is this pretty much libGDX developers only area.
Did you find my post helpful? If you want to help me in return please download and provide feedback for Scrap Metal Mech Feedback can be posted on our Scrap Metal Mech Show Case thread
wmdAndrew

Postby Magnesus » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Maybe you could just use Twitter/Facebook/Google+ for feedback? Although I didn't ever got one post from the players on facebook/twitter (and didn't yet try the google+). :)
Magnesus

Postby wmdAndrew » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Yeah. After thinking about it, I can definitely figure out a way to have people give feedback in alternative ways and those are some good ideas. We have a few people subscribed to our twitter account, but they don't post feedback there just follow our tweets.

I guess my new question is: does the libGDX team want users coming to libGDX (possibly more exposure to libGDX and games posted here) or keep it separate as users may not be developers and wont be utilizing the libGDX framework.
Did you find my post helpful? If you want to help me in return please download and provide feedback for Scrap Metal Mech Feedback can be posted on our Scrap Metal Mech Show Case thread
wmdAndrew

Postby mzechner » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:06 am

I'm fine with additional server load, as long as you make it clear that they should stay within the respective game's thread (other give feedback on other games, but not on the dev forums).
mzechner
Site Admin

Postby pyko » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:11 pm

This might be a silly question, but this particular bullet point: If you used libgdx there's no excuse not to have a video of your game/app.

Does that mean there is an easy way to record libgdx games?
pyko

Postby Flying Coconut » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:43 am

Yes, just use Fraps if you're on windows. Run your desktop project and Fraps will detect it. Then take the raw file and edit it with your video editor of choice or just some converter app that will simply convert it to mp4 or whatever. This isn't as simple as picking up your phone and recording some screen, but making a simple video really shouldn't take long.
Flying Coconut

Next

Return to Showcase