gpgs-libgdx

Any community contributions to libgdx go here! Some may get included in the core API when permission is granted.

gpgs-libgdx

Postby shatterblast » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:51 pm

I hope someone finds this beneficial. It provides updated multiplayer support for Google Play.
https://github.com/shatterblast/gpgs-libgdx/
shatterblast

Re: gpgs-libgdx

Postby shatterblast » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:12 am

I have a functioning version with the GoogleSignInClient now, but it may take me some time before I release it to GitHub. It will have the bare minimum supported on it to keep compatibility with both Desktop and Android. If you go cross platform, then Google seems to emphasize moving to their Cloud structure, such as Firebase and Open Match. This has the benefit of easier support for Stadia when it eventually releases.

How LibGDX will support Stadia is not something I am much aware of, since I focus so much time on network code at the moment. I know a few developers spent time getting their own implementations to work with it maybe half a year ago. The good news on that side is that LibGDX should support it in a fairly easy manner, since I believe LWJGL already supports it in some limited measure. At least, that's what I believed then, since its code base consisted as part of those implementations. Unfortunately, JOGL continues to remain behind and will likely persist in such a way. It serves what it's meant to.

I have no idea if branching out to Stadia will lead into Nintendo eventually. The possibility exists at least, but that will require an SDK from them for us to even decently merge with their proprietary hardware. I do know that a custom interface is necessary to integrate with their own network services. I have more interest in pursuing 3D next than seeking Nintendo in any regard on my own side.

The ID Token stuff works very well also in my network code, but it may take a while before I feel comfortable releasing any parts of that code. My stuff links to my Spring server software, and I still have testing to finish there. Otherwise, my own server software absorbs the ID Tokens without any issue or problems from my game.

Thank you for reading.

1) https://support.google.com/googleplay/a ... 9745?hl=en
shatterblast

Return to Libgdx Contributions