Great Font Tool

Talk about graphics, 3D models, nice sprite sheets, music, sound effects and anything related to the presentation of your game (not code :)).

Great Font Tool

Postby Parksie » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:03 am

You might already know, but I just purchased a great application bmGlyph for generating .fnt and font atlas sheets.
It's only $9 and saved me a load of time. Just thought I would put it out there in case anyone was looking for something mac compatible as Hiero doesn't seem to work for java 7.
Parksie

Re: Great Font Tool

Postby Guelph » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:28 am

Thanks! I've been trying to get Hiero working for hours... I guess I should expect to pay for things more often on mac :| How's your experience been with it?
Guelph

Postby epsilonn » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:02 pm

Parksie wrote:You might already know, but I just purchased a great application bmGlyph for generating .fnt and font atlas sheets.
It's only $9 and saved me a load of time. Just thought I would put http://funky-fruits-slot.com out there in case anyone was looking for something mac compatible as Hiero doesn't seem to work for java 7.

Sounds great!
Last edited by epsilonn on Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilonn

Postby Magnesus » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:00 am

bmGlyph is only for MacOS.
I always used http://kvazars.com/littera/ but it requires flash (and lately doesn't seem to work :| ).
Magnesus

Postby raeleus » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:07 pm

Try using literra in Firefox. Also, I added a Bitmap Font creator to Skin Composer. It works with mac, but with some difficulty. What version of Java? It's supposed to be 10, but people have told me it works with older versions.
Join us on Discord for faster and friendlier service.
Create skins visually with Skin Composer.
JOIN THE libGDX Jam of October 2019!
raeleus

Return to Game Art