Localization of the text in Hindi.

Localization of the text in Hindi.

Postby Vatsal4u2 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:28 pm

I have added
Code: Select all
text_hi.properties
file for Hindi Language. But I see blank labels on the UI.I have no idea what's going on there because all other languages works fine. I am using English, Spanish, Portuguese and all display correct in the UI. When I change my device langue to Hindi, All I see is blank labels. I don't see any UnsupportedCharacterExceptions as well. Can anyone please help me fix this issue.Any direction/hint/code will be appreciated.Many thanks.
Vatsal4u2

Re: Localization of the text in Hindi.

Postby evilentity » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:57 pm

Thats not really a proper place to post this.
Default font only has latin characters. If character is missing it simply wont be displayed. Even if you get a font with correct characters it most likely wont be correctly displayed due to limitations of current font rendering.
Looking for a freelancer? PM me!
evilentity

Postby Vatsal4u2 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:18 pm

Any Solution to overide the default Latin fonts. I have tired to add the custom Hindi fonts and generated font but still I am not seeing the correct text on Label
Code: Select all
fontGenerator = new FreeTypeFontGenerator(Gdx.files.internal("font/Kruti_dev.otf"));  // Kruti_dev : custom hindi font
Vatsal4u2

Postby evilentity » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:51 pm

One line of code is hardly enough to guess what else are doing or not. Did you add the characters you want to generate? Are you using dynamic font? Who knows
Looking for a freelancer? PM me!
evilentity

Return to Newton