Cartoon Video Maker

Talk about graphics, 3D models, nice sprite sheets, music, sound effects and anything related to the presentation of your game (not code :)).

Cartoon Video Maker

Postby Merijn » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:41 am

Hi guys,

As a promotion for my games - and possibly cutscenes (?) - I am looking for cartoon video software. I have no prior experience creating cartoons - but always willing to learn something new :) Cutscenes obviously give additional issues with storing the video if we develop for mobile.

Any advice on where to start?
Merijn

Re: Cartoon Video Maker

Postby nikoliazekter » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:38 pm

Start with Google.
nikoliazekter

Postby Merijn » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:38 pm

Hi Nikolia,

I did and I also checked out some of the software that is available, but so far I have not been able to find anything that looks usefull.

I tried Synfig Studio but it looks very bugy. The software crashes every time - and requires a steep learning curve before you can create your first animation.
I may want to try Pencil or Plasic Animation Paper - but it would be great if someone could share some experience with any of the open source / or low cost alternatives.
Merijn

Postby AdorSyet » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:16 pm

I've been looking for software for making cartoon/slightly-anime-ish videos as well. But I'm leaning more towards open source ones right now.

Anybody know of any open source apps for this?
AdorSyet

Return to Game Art