[lib] Easy integration of Play Games, GameCircle, Kongregate

Any community contributions to libgdx go here! Some may get included in the core API when permission is granted.

Re: [lib] Easy integration of game services (Google Play Gam

Postby MrStahlfelge » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:21 am

Released v0.1.2.

Major fixes for Kongregate, use this when using Kongregate API.
GameJolt switched to HTTPS

v0.2.0 is still work in progress and has some major interface changes, so if you don't want to use fetching leaderboards or achievements stick with v0.1.
MrStahlfelge

Re: [lib] Easy integration of Play Games, GameCircle, Kongre

Postby TypeOverride » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:23 pm

Why no multiplayer (google play) support?
TypeOverride

Postby MrStahlfelge » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:59 am

I implemented GPGS realtime multiplayer for my game and don't think the lib is the right place for it. It is just available for Android GPGS. Besides, there are a lot of options (for matchmaking, you need to differ between games where players can join while the game is running or games who needs all players to start altogether and communication strategies). I doubt that there would be much similarities if ever another game service would provide multiplayer.

For turn based multiplayer, situation could be better and at least GPGS supports it on other platforms. But I did not make a turn based multiplayer game yet and therefore am not experienced enough to write a lib for that.

But you can nevertheless use this lib and use GPGS multiplayer in your game by extending the core interface and the Android GpgsClient. That is exactly what I am doing in my game.
MrStahlfelge

Postby MrStahlfelge » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:57 pm

Released v0.2.0

New features:

- Google Play Games Desktop client implementation contributed by mgsx
- GameJolt client supports cloud save
- methods for fetching achievements and leaderboard entries added to core interface and most game service implementations
- methods for listing and deleting cloud save entries added to core interface and most game service implementations

There are a lot of renames for core interface methods compared to v0.1.x. So, if you already use the old version and don't need the new features, I recommend to stick with the older version 0.1.2.
MrStahlfelge

Postby MrStahlfelge » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:47 pm

New snapshot version 0.2.1-SNAPSHOT brings support for Google Play Games on HTML (Wiki).

You can already log in/out, submit leaderboard scores and achievements and events. Cloud save is also available.

Not yet implemented is fetching achievement state and leaderboard scores.
MrStahlfelge

Postby MrStahlfelge » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:29 am

I forgot to announce the release of 0.2.1. Now it's time to announce release 0.2.2.

Google Play Games on HTML was introduced in 0.2.1, you can even try it in a released game by me.

0.2.2 has minor fixes for Amazon GameCircle.

See releases overview.
MrStahlfelge

Postby shiroware » Tue May 01, 2018 11:51 pm

This looks really amazing, I want to use this, but I can't work out how to use it though.
shiroware

Previous

Return to Libgdx Contributions