Problems running libgdx with Eclipse Oxygen

Anything about development not directly related to libgdx, e.g. OpenGL, Android APIs etc.

Problems running libgdx with Eclipse Oxygen

Postby snarkmultimedia » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:08 pm

ok this is all the problems I find on get libgdx running on eclipse oxegen

WINDOWS 10

my libgdx version is 1.9.8

my eclipse version
Version: Oxygen.3a Release (4.7.3a)
Build id: 20180405-1200

1º Problem , after import the grandle project to eclipse oxigen my first error was
"The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for android.os.Handler. Fix the build path then try building this project"

solution: chek all boxes on java build path https://imgur.com/a/0qwTA99
select API 20 https://imgur.com/a/eomDOeK

project > clean > clear project

2º problem - trying to run desktop java , erro Couldn't load file: badlogic.jpg

solution:

click with the 2 mouse button on the desktop folder assets Built Path > use as sorce folder desktop version now runing without problems.

3º Problem on tryng to run on android I get the error Unknown error: Unable to build: the file dx.jar was not loaded from the SDK folder!

solution:

on android projet folder on eclipse open project.properties and make it look like this
target=android-20
sdk.buildtools=23.0.1

I'm using android api 20 and sdk 23.0.1 because its what is on the libgdx site https://libgdx.badlogicgames.com/versions.html

4º error trying to run on android I get this java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate activity ComponentInfo{com.snarlmultimedia.summer/com.snarlmultimedia.summer.AndroidLauncher}: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.snarlmultimedia.summer.AndroidLauncher" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.snarlmultimedia.summer-1.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app-lib/com.snarlmultimedia.summer-1, /vendor/lib, /system/lib]]

NO SOLUTION FOUNT YET.....

this was made with a clear instalation of libgdx using eclipse luna.. it's so frustratin... :evil:
note:I have some doubts about the version I installed, I just download the installer but the installer ask me to install API 27, i dont know if is 1.9.9-SNAPSHOT or 1.9.8, I whant it to run on old phones so i like to use api 20
snarkmultimedia

Re: Problems running libgdx with Eclipse Oxygen

Postby evilentity » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:39 pm

Android on eclipse is deprecated, it will just keep getting worse.
Looking for a freelancer? PM me!
evilentity

Postby snarkmultimedia » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:54 pm

what is nowdays the best solution to program with libgdx for android and desktop ?
snarkmultimedia

Postby RafaSKB » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:36 pm

IntelliJ IDEA and Android Studio (which is a modified version of IntelliJ)
Typing Label - Label that appears as if it was being typed in real time. https://github.com/rafaskb/typing-label/
Grashers - A trash-themed roguelike in space, soon on Steam. - http://www.grashers.com
RafaSKB

Postby snarkmultimedia » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:44 pm

about IntelliJ IDEA, i just spend a few hours of my life time on this ... and the same thing diferente errors, and I have IntelliJ IDEA with the java and android sdk well configured, I jut hate my life....

IntelliJ IDEA works fine on android but not on desktop
erro when i run the desktop is

org.gradle.initialization.ReportedException: org.gradle.internal.exceptions.LocationAwareException
at org.gradle.initialization.DefaultGradleLauncher.doBuildStages(DefaultGradleLauncher.java:145)
at org.gradle.initialization.DefaultGradleLauncher.executeTasks(DefaultGradleLauncher.java:115)
at org.gradle.internal.invocation.GradleBuildController$1.call(GradleBuildController.java:78)
at org.gradle.internal.invocation.GradleBuildController$1.call(GradleBuildController.java:75)
at org.gradle.internal.work.DefaultWorkerLeaseService.withLocks(DefaultWorkerLeaseService.java:152)
at org.gradle.internal.invocation.GradleBuildController.doBuild(GradleBuildController.java:100)
at org.gradle.internal.invocation.GradleBuildController.run(GradleBuildController.java:75)
at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.runner.BuildModelActionRunner.run(BuildModelActionRunner.java:53)
at org.gradle.launcher.exec.ChainingBuildActionRunner.run(ChainingBuildActionRunner.java:35)
at org.gradle.launcher.exec.ChainingBuildActionRunner.run(ChainingBuildActionRunner.java:35)
at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.ValidatingBuildActionRunner.run(ValidatingBuildActionRunner.java:32)
at org.gradle.launcher.exec.RunAsBuildOperationBuildActionRunner$1.run(RunAsBuildOperationBuildActionRunner.java:43)
at org.gradle.internal.progress.DefaultBuildOperationExecutor$RunnableBuildOperationWorker.execute(DefaultBuildOperationExecutor.java:336)
at org.gradle.internal.progress.DefaultBuildOperationExecutor$RunnableBuildOperationWorker.execute(DefaultBuildOperationExecutor.java:328)
at org.gradle.internal.progress.DefaultBuildOperationExecutor.execute(DefaultBuildOperationExecutor.java:199)
at org.gradle.internal.progress.DefaultBuildOperationExecutor.run(DefaultBuildOperationExecutor.java:110)
at org.gradle.launcher.exec.RunAsBuildOperationBuildActionRunner.run(RunAsBuildOperationBuildActionRunner.java:40)
at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.SubscribableBuildActionRunner.run(SubscribableBuildActionRunner.java:51)
at org.gradle.launcher.exec.InProcessBuildActionExecuter.execute(InProcessBuildActionExecuter.java:49)
at org.gradle.launcher.exec.InProcessBuildActionExecuter.execute(InProcessBuildActionExecuter.java:32)
at org.gradle.launcher.exec.BuildTreeScopeBuildActionExecuter.execute(BuildTreeScopeBuildActionExecuter.java:39)
at org.gradle.launcher.exec.BuildTreeScopeBuildActionExecuter.execute(BuildTreeScopeBuildActionExecuter.java:25)
at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.ContinuousBuildActionExecuter.execute(ContinuousBuildActionExecuter.java:80)
at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.ContinuousBuildActionExecuter.execute(ContinuousBuildActionExecuter.java:53)
at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.ServicesSetupBuildActionExecuter.execute(ServicesSetupBuildActionExecuter.java:57)
at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.ServicesSetupBuildActionExecuter.execute(ServicesSetupBuildActionExecuter.java:32)
at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.GradleThreadBuildActionExecuter.execute(GradleThreadBuildActionExecuter.java:36)
at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.GradleThreadBuildActionExecuter.execute(GradleThreadBuildActionExecuter.java:25)
at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.ParallelismConfigurationBuildActionExecuter.execute(ParallelismConfigurationBuildActionExecuter.java:43)
at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.ParallelismConfigurationBuildActionExecuter.execute(ParallelismConfigurationBuildActionExecuter.java:29)
at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.StartParamsValidatingActionExecuter.execute(StartParamsValidatingActionExecuter.java:64)
at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.StartParamsValidatingActionExecuter.execute(StartParamsValidatingActionExecuter.java:29)
at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.SessionFailureReportingActionExecuter.execute(SessionFailureReportingActionExecuter.java:59)
at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.SessionFailureReportingActionExecuter.execute(SessionFailureReportingActionExecuter.java:44)
at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.SetupLoggingActionExecuter.execute(SetupLoggingActionExecuter.java:45)
at org.gradle.tooling.internal.provider.SetupLoggingActionExecuter.execute(SetupLoggingActionExecuter.java:30)
at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.ExecuteBuild.doBuild(ExecuteBuild.java:67)
at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.BuildCommandOnly.execute(BuildCommandOnly.java:36)
at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.api.DaemonCommandExecution.proceed(DaemonCommandExecution.java:122)
at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.WatchForDisconnection.execute(WatchForDisconnection.java:37)
at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.api.DaemonCommandExecution.proceed(DaemonCommandExecution.java:122)
at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.ResetDeprecationLogger.execute(ResetDeprecationLogger.java:26)
at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.RequestStopIfSingleUsedDaemon.execute(RequestStopIfSingleUsedDaemon.java:34)
at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.ForwardClientInput$2.call(ForwardClientInput.java:74)
at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.ForwardClientInput$2.call(ForwardClientInput.java:72)
at org.gradle.util.Swapper.swap(Swapper.java:38)
at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.ForwardClientInput.execute(ForwardClientInput.java:72)
at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.LogAndCheckHealth.execute(LogAndCheckHealth.java:55)
at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.LogToClient.doBuild(LogToClient.java:62)
at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.BuildCommandOnly.execute(BuildCommandOnly.java:36)
at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.EstablishBuildEnvironment.doBuild(EstablishBuildEnvironment.java:82)
at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.StartBuildOrRespondWithBusy$1.run(StartBuildOrRespondWithBusy.java:50)
at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.DaemonStateCoordinator$1.run(DaemonStateCoordinator.java:295)
at org.gradle.internal.concurrent.ExecutorPolicy$CatchAndRecordFailures.onExecute(ExecutorPolicy.java:63)
at org.gradle.internal.concurrent.ManagedExecutorImpl$1.run(ManagedExecutorImpl.java:46)

soo fucking funny
snarkmultimedia

Postby Magnesus » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:50 am

I still use Eclipse for desktop projects and AndroidStudio for Android projects - I keep them "synchronised" by using soft links (since I use Linux I create soft links to source and assets folders in the AndroidStudio projects to the ones in Eclipse project so both projects use the same physical files). It's managable and works quite fine although if my hard drive fails restoring the structure from backups will be fun. :mrgreen: Might be a solution, although on Windows it will be much harder to manage (no soft links AFAIK).
Magnesus

Postby snarkmultimedia » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:26 pm

I'm starting to think that this have to do with my using the 1.9.9-SNAPSHOT version of libgdx, it uses grandle 3.1.0 and asdk 27, how do I install 1.9.8?
snarkmultimedia

Return to General Development