Need for help

Present your own projects here, be they WIPs, betas or finished products. Get feedback from others and help each other out with some lovely testing.

Need for help

Postby thaiha » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:25 am

I apologize if this isn't the correct place for this question as I'm not using libgdx (but rather a framework I developed whilst reading Beginning Android Games when it was first released). My framework has matured over the past year in a half but is largely based on the concepts Zechner covered in his book.

I am having difficulties achieving smooth movement in a side-scroller that I'm working on. I've been unable to successfully isolate the problem but am noticing choppiness/jerkiness when the game drops 3 or more frames. The game generally runs ~60 FPS (testing on Galaxy S3 and and Droid X2). I'm tracking/averaging deltas in an effort to smooth but am not getting the results I'm hoping for. The choppiness is, of course, less severe when I'm not logging frame-rates (obviously), however, ever-so-subtle it still exists.

Because I'm using a complete framework, it's difficult to post the code as is. Instead I have put together a simulation that demonstrates my problem. I've attached the source along with the image I'm using. If anyone has time to take a look at it and is willing/able to provide feedback, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks!
thaiha

Re: Need for help

Postby Magnesus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:07 am

You forgot the attachement. :mrgreen:
Magnesus

Return to Showcase